Do you and your friends love rewatching the classic 1993 movie Hocus Pocus? Then why not make it more enjoyable with a drinking game to accompany it?
Get tipsy this Halloween season as Sarah, Betty, and Mary Sanderson’s iconic antics come alive in their favorite cult movie! Whether you want just one sip or take an entire drink – Hocus Pocus Drinking Game is your ultimate source of fun.
Put on the witches’ hats, grab some beverages, and get started – This spooky game night will surely add some delightfully boozy cheer to your Halloween celebrations.
How To Play The Hocus Pocus Drinking Game
There are several ways that you can enjoy the Hocus Pocus drinking game. Below is a breakdown of the options:
Take A Drink When
- It’s a spooky season staple: Whenever someone says the words “Hocus Pocus.”
- Anytime the Sanderson Sisters enter a new scene.
- Every time one of the witches casts a spell, conjures up a concoction or an evil plan.
- When Winifred sings her signature song, “I Put A Spell On You.”
- When Max and Dani get into yet another sibling dispute or argument.
- Whenever someone references the fact that they are immortal (i.e., “You can’t kill me!”).
- At the end of every memorable quote from Binx or whenever Binx meows (for bonus points, take two drinks!).
- For each funny moment with Billy Butcherson and whenever he appears on screen (take three drinks!).
Take A Shot. When
In the Hocus Pocus Drinking Game, take a shot when:
- Take a Shot when someone says ‘Hocus Pocus.’
- Take a shot when Winnie’s spells fail
- Take a shot whenever red lipstick appears in the frame
- Take a shot when Sarah Sanderson gets flirty
- Take a shot when Max does something heroic
- Take two shots when one of the Sanderson Sisters gets mad
We suggest starting slow because this could get intense fast! Have fun, and stay safe!
Pour One Out. When
In the Hocus Pocus Drinking Game, pour one out when:
- Sarah fails at casting a spell
- A joke falls flat
- Honor is bestowed on someone undeserving
- The siren song for children goes up as Max lights the candle
- Someone says Winnifred’s name without saying Sanderson after it
Finish Your Frink When
It’s best to have an audience consensus before finishing your drink.
Examples of when the group can come together and decide it’s time to finish their drinks include;
- Winifred putting a spell on someone
- One of the kids yelling “Hocus Pocus!”,
- Emily appearing in her cat costume.
Finishing your drink should be reserved for those big, magical moments throughout the movie while tasting a fantastic concoction of beverages with friends and family members.
Additional Optional Rules To Spice Up The Game
The additional optional rules can enhance the fun and excitement of playing the Hocus Pocus Drinking Game.
These optional rules include activities tailored explicitly to events in the movie, such as taking two sips whenever any of the Sanderson sisters cast a spell or finishing your drink if someone mentions Winifred’s cat.
You can also create custom rules on whatever characters, events, or words you like. For instance, you could take one sip every time Sarah says “del-ish” or pour out some beer when Thackery Binx meows – it’s up to your taste!
Gather some friends over Zoom for an extra spooky gathering this Halloween season – these additional rules will help you make it memorable with endless laughs and tipsy fun.
Drinking Responsibly while Playing the Hocus Pocus Drinking Game
It’s always important to remember moderation when playing a drinking game – no matter how fun it is! To make sure you stay safe and responsible while playing Hocus Pocus Drinking Game, here are some tips you can try:
- Have everyone agree on the drinks they want at the start of the night. This helps ensure everyone drinks responsibly and can help prevent people from over-consumption.
- Alternate alcoholic beverages with non-alcoholic beverages like sparkling water, juice, or soda. This helps spread out the alcohol content even if all drinkers are taking full shots/glasses of an alcoholic beverage.
- Make sure everyone stays hydrated with plenty of water. Drinking lots of water helps reduce meaningless amounts of alcohol consumption and curbs any chances of dehydration due to the strength of certain spirits associated with gameplay.
- Have friends take turns being designated drivers in case someone has had too much to drink during gameplay.
- Encourage food consumption as another way to help dilute the effects of alcohol, as snacks can help slow down and lessen absorption by your body. Eating a meal before playing is also beneficial, as heavier meals weaken the digital effects one gets when consuming alcohol during gameplay.
What You Need for the Game
To make sure your game night goes without a hitch, stock up on all the necessary items: alcoholic beverages of choice, glasses or cups, and, of course, the movie Hocus Pocus!
Alcoholic Beverages Of Choice
When playing the Hocus Pocus drinking game, picking suitable alcoholic beverages can make or break your night. Endlessly available options at bars and stores will surely spice up your movie experience.
The most popular choices for this game include hard seltzers, beers, and wine coolers.
Hard seltzers offer a variety of fruity flavors for those looking for something more refreshingly light with low ABV (alcohol by volume).
Wine coolers are strong yet sweet—perfect for invoking Winifred Sanderson’s witchy specialties while being enjoyable throughout an entire movie viewing.
Glasses Or Cups
Choosing the right glasses or cups for your drinks is essential. The size and shape of your glassware can affect the quality of your drinking experience and how much you can enjoy the game itself.
For example, a giant glass may be more suited if you want to add generous amounts of ice cubes, which could help reduce calories when consuming alcoholic beverages.
When choosing glasses, ensure they provide sufficient insulation against cold hands and warm countertops where applicable.
When serving shots, consider using shot glasses with thicker walls which will ensure consistent temperature throughout each round.
How To Create Your Own Rules And Variations Of The Game
As you play and become familiar with the official rules for the Hocus Pocus drinking game, it can be fun to develop your own personalized rules.
When creating your variations, it’s essential to maintain a healthy balance between difficulty and fun.
Players may become bored quickly if the new rule is too difficult or too complex.
On the other hand, if more challenge is needed, playing may become monotonous after a while. Focus on finding that perfect blend of complexities that keeps everyone engaged without feeling overwhelmed or frustrated by an overly-complex situation.
How To Play Hocus Pocus Drinking Remotely
- Set up a virtual viewing party with friends and family over Zoom, Skype, or another compatible software.
- Ensure that everyone uses the same streaming platform to watch Hocus Pocus together.
- Ensure everyone has an alcoholic beverage (or a mocktail for those not in the mood for drinking).
- Set ground rules before the movie starts – who has to take sips, who has to finish their drink, etc.
- Assign designated boosters in larger groups to remind others when to drink.
- Use stop alerts (with adjustable volume settings) during the movie at predetermined times so everyone knows when to drink.
- During the online game night, players can also opt to play brain teasers and other Halloween-inspired virtual games throughout breaks in the film.
- If playing remotely and locally, ensure fairness by setting household and distance limits on how far each player can be away from any other player during the game night.
- Provide virtual checklists or teams so everyone knows what to do for each chunk of the movie to play along with the Hocus Pocus Drinking Game successfully.
Hocus Pocus Drinking Game FAQs
How to play the Hocus Pocus drinking game?
The Hocus Pocus Drinking Game is a trivia-based film quiz where players drink whenever five specific events occur, such as saying “Hocus Pocus” or when Winnie Sanderson appears alone.
What do I need for this drinking game?
Players need the film and favorite drinks for this particular Hocus Pcus drinking game! Depending on individual preferences, it may be best to set up enough glasses for each person in advance – that way, no one has too far to reach while playing along!
Are there any particular rules I should follow during gameplay?
The game urges respect for participants’ limits and encourages regular breaks to avoid discomfort, excessive intoxication, and dehydration from prolonged alcohol consumption.
Is this game suitable for all ages?
This version of the Hocus Pcus Drinking Game is not recommended for children under 21 years old due to its focus on alcoholic consumption & could quickly become dangerous if played without proper supervision/safety measures being taken beforehand by adults responsible party hosting events/playing together group play responsibly!
So, ready to sprinkle some fun into your evening with the Hocus Pocus Drinking Game? Remember, the magic is in the laughter, camaraderie, and memorable moments. Here’s to a bewitching night of merriment and cheers!
Regardless of how you decide to set up your variation of the game, please remember, most importantly – to keep it within reason and have fun responsibly!