Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Great Basin Brewing
Last updated: August 30, 2000
846 Victorian Avenue
PO Box 2242
Sparks NV 89431
Phone: +1 702-355-7711
Fax: +1 702-355-7832
Opened December 10, 1993.
Brewer: Eric McClary, Tom Young.
1,500 bbl annual capacity.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
14.5 points overall
Style 22 - Herb / Spice Beer
- 15 points - Beer #14-1042, at the brewery, June 18, 1995
Yellow, good carbonation. Clean aroma. Tasty! Enough jalapeño to be interesting. Not hot at all, though.
Ichthyosaur ("Icky") IPA
Style 5 - English-style Pale Ale
- 16.5 points - Beer #14-1040, at the brewery, June 18, 1995
Amber, good carbonation and head. Fresh hop aroma. Malty and bitter...great balance.
Style 9 - Porter
- 14 points - Beer #14-1041, at the brewery, June 18, 1995
Dark red, clear, OK head. Clean aroma. Chocolate flavor, roasty.
Style 14 - German Light Lager
- 13.5 points - Beer #14-1038, at the brewery, June 18, 1995
Yellow clear, good head. Fresh malty nose. Flavor is mostly malt, finishes clean.
Wheeler Peak Wheat
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 14 points - Beer #14-1037, at the brewery, June 18, 1995
Yellow opaque, OK carbonation, poor head. Hint of wheat aroma. Good wheat flavor, hops in finish.
Wild Horse Ale
Style 18 - German-style Ale
- 15 points - Beer #14-1039, at the brewery, June 18, 1995
Red-amber, low carbonation. Very clean aroma. Good body, good caramel, and a hint of black malt. Bronze Medal, 1995 GABF.
Go to the Nevada Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.