Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Last updated: November 26, 2000
322 West Johnson Street
Madison WI 53703
Phone: +1 608-257-2707
Fax: +1 608-257-2058
Opened February 18, 1995.
Brewer: Dean Coffey.
1,600 bbl annual capacity.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
16.5 points overall
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 14.5 points - Beer #35-3123, at the brewery, December 31, 1999
Golden, low carbonation, thick head. Malty, floral aroma. Light, huge fruity hop flavor, sweet finish. Real sweet.
- 16 points - Beer #34-3078, 1998 Quivey's Grove Beer Festival, Madison WI, October 3, 1998
Golden, moderate carbonation and head. Fruity, malty aroma. Light, sweet, malty, real nice floral-fruity hop flavor.
Style 7 - English Bitter
- 18.5 points - Beer #35-3126, at the brewery, December 31, 1999
Red-amber, low carbonation, thick head. Spicy, floral aroma. Medium body, moderate carbonation, real nice spicy hop flavor and balance.
- 19 points - Beer #34-3079, 1998 Quivey's Grove Beer Festival, Madison WI, October 3, 1998
Red-brown, low carbonation, moderate head. Big caramel aroma. Medium body, lots of caramel, and a big long hoppy BLAST!!
Style 2 - Belgian / French Ale
- 16 points - Beer #35-3124, at the brewery, December 31, 1999
Red, moderate carbonation, thick head. Pretty clean aroma, hint of smoke. Thickish, malty, sweet, nice phenolics. Warming sweet finish.
Style 9 - Porter
- 14 points - Beer #35-3127, at the brewery, December 31, 1999
Deep red, thick head. Pretty clean aroma. Medium body, roasty, very drying, but with a fairly sweet finish.
Shakedown Nut Brown
Style 4 - Mild / Brown Ale
- 15 points - Beer #35-3125, at the brewery, December 31, 1999
Red-brown, low carbonation, thick head. Very clean aroma. Medium body, roasty, VERY hoppy, sweet.
Style 11 - Stout
- 17.5 points - Beer #20-1589, Great American Beer Festival XV, Denver CO, September 26, 1996
Black, good brown head. Hop aroma, hint of chocolate. Very black and bitter. Smooth tasty beer.
Go to the Wisconsin Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.