Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Sturgeon Bay Brewing
Last updated: September 8, 2000
341-C North Third Avenue
Sturgeon Bay WI 54235
Opened February 1, 1998.
Brewer: Mike Pieller.
Del Santo's Restaurant remains open, serving Cherryland beers.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
14.5 points overall
Highway to Helles
Style 13 - German Dark Lager
- 12.5 points - Beer #34-3007, at the brewery, August 1, 1998
Brown (yes, it's a brown "Helles"), moderate carbonation and head. Very clean aroma. Malty, good hop flavor.
Last Stop Stout
Style 11 - Stout
- 15 points - Beer #35-3193, Manitowoc Beer Lover's Brew Fest, Manitowoc WI, February 20, 1999
Dark dark brown, thick head. Roasty malt aroma. Medium body, bitter, lots of black malt
- 17 points - Beer #34-3009, at the brewery, August 1, 1998
Black, moderate head. Very roasty aroma. Medium body, roasty, sweet. Lots of coffee, lots of chocolate, mildly bitter.
Lighthouse Amber Lager
Style 16 - American Lager
- 14.5 points - Beer #34-3008, at the brewery, August 1, 1998
Dark amber-brown, low carbonation and head. Faintly roasty aroma. Medium body, caramelly, faint hint of hop flavor.
Peninsula Pirate Pilsner
Style 15 - Classic Pilsener
- 13.5 points - Beer #35-3194, Manitowoc Beer Lover's Brew Fest, Manitowoc WI, February 20, 1999
Deep yellow, moderate head. Grainy aroma, some fusels. Very light body, fairly bitter.
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 15 points - Beer #34-3006, at the brewery, August 1, 1998
Darkish golden, moderate carbonation and head. Clean wheat aroma. Caramel, roasty, a little bitter, with a bit of diacetyl. Long very roasty finish...nutty like a rye beer.
Go to the Wisconsin Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.