Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Rail House Restaurant and Brewery
Last updated: September 6, 2000
W1130 Old Peshtigo Road
Marinette WI 54143
Phone: +1 715-735-9800
Fax: +1 715-735-7948
Opened June 28, 1995.
Brewer: Steve Haskell.
200 bbl annual capacity.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
14.0 points overall
Style 24 - California Common Beer
- 15 points - Beer #34-3086, at the brewery, October 17, 1998
Amber, moderate carbonation, thick head. Herbal, caramel aroma. Medium body, big caramel malt flavor, moderate herbal hop flavor. Not very bitter.
Style 23 - Specialty Beer
- 16 points - Beer #34-3083, at the brewery, October 17, 1998
Yellow, some haze, thick head. Moderate honey aroma. Light, sweet, clean. Good beer, as the ubiquitous Honey Ales go.
Style 17 - Vienna / Märzen / Oktoberfest
- 13.5 points - Beer #34-3088, at the brewery, October 17, 1998
Light brown opaque, good head. Grapefruity aroma. Medium body, brown malt flaor, quite a lot of fruity bitter hop flavor.
Style 15 - Classic Pilsener
- 13 points - Beer #34-3084, at the brewery, October 17, 1998
Dark yellow, opaque, low head. Fruity aroma. Light, slightly citrusy, fairly sweet, hint of bitterness at the very end.
Style 21 - Fruit / Vegetable Beer
- 12 points - Beer #35-3162, at the brewery, January 31, 1999
Darkish golden, hazy, moderate head. Perfumey. Medium-light body, strong tart fruit, sweet finish.
Style 4 - Mild / Brown Ale
- 14.5 points - Beer #34-3087, at the brewery, October 17, 1998
Darkish red-brown, low head. Smells candy-sweet. Medium body, tons of caramel, and faintly roasty. No hop character at all.
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 16 points - Beer #34-3085, at the brewery, October 17, 1998
Pale, moderate carbonation and head. Fruity, spicy aroma. Very light, good malt flavor, good fruity hop balance, with no bitterness at all.
Style 13 - German Dark Lager
- 13.5 points - Beer #34-3089, at the brewery, October 17, 1998
Billed as "A Continental Dark Lager". Deep dark red, moderate head. Smells faintly roasty. Sweet, dark, some diacetyl.
Go to the Wisconsin Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.