Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Port Washington Brewing
Smith Brothers Brew Pub
Last updated: March 19, 1999
100 North Franklin Avenue
Port Washington WI 53074
Phone: +1 414-377-2337
Opened July 1, 1996.
Brewer: Jeff Kolar.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
14.5 points overall
Style 4 - Mild / Brown Ale
- 16 points - Beer #34-3094, at the brewery, October 30, 1998
Red-brown, low carbonation, thick head. Chocolatey aroma. Medium body, malty, caramel, chocolate. Good clean beer.
Style 17 - Vienna / Märzen / Oktoberfest
- 14.5 points - Beer #34-3096, at the brewery, October 30, 1998
Bright amber, thick head. Herbal-fruity aroma. Medium body, herbal/minty hops, hint of sweet malt. Not a bad beer, but the hops...
Old Port Porter
Style 9 - Porter
- 13.5 points - Beer #34-3095, at the brewery, October 30, 1998
Black, moderate head. Roasty aroma, some diacetyl. Medium body, black malt, quite a lot of diacetyl.
Pier 96 Lager
Style 16 - American Lager
- 14 points - Beer #34-3093, at the brewery, October 30, 1998
Golden, low carbonation and head. Sweet malt aroma. Medium-light body, good malt flavor, lots of Clusters.
Transcendental Wheat Beer
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 14 points - Beer #35-3174, Milwaukee Ale House Festival, Milwaukee WI, February 7, 1999
Yellow, some haze, thick head. Smells yeasty, bready. Light, sweetish, clean.
Go to the Wisconsin Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.