Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Joseph Huber Brewing
Last updated: November 14, 2000
1208 Fourteenth Avenue
PO Box 277
Monroe WI 53566
Phone: +1 608-325-3191
Fax: +1 608-325-3198
Brewer: Hans G. Kestler.
90,000 bbl annual capacity.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
13.5 points overall
Berghoff Genuine Dark (bottled)
Style 13 - German Dark Lager
- 11.5 points - Beer #36-3585, Great American Beer Festival XIX, Denver CO, October 5, 2000
Bright brown, moderate head. Herbal hops, some diacetyl. Light body, sticky.
- 13.5 points - Beer #33-2765, Berghoff Restaurant, Chicago IL, May 9, 1998
Very dark red, high carbonation, thick head. Hint of caramel aroma. Dark, smoky, rubbery.
Style 19 - German-style Wheat Beer
- 12.5 points - Beer #33-2763, Berghoff Restaurant, Chicago IL, May 9, 1998
Dark yellow opaque, thick head. Bready aroma. Medium body, fizzy. Good wheat flavor, oddly metallic.
Berghoff Oktoberfest Beer (bottled)
Style 17 - Vienna / Märzen / Oktoberfest
- 14.5 points - Beer #21-1805, Great American Beer Festival XV, Denver CO, September 28, 1996
Amber, good head. Malty aroma, hint of hops. Good body, malty, bitter finish, almost in balance.
Berghoff Original Lager Beer
Style 16 - American Lager
- 14.5 points - Beer #33-2764, Berghoff Restaurant, Chicago IL, May 9, 1998
Golden, moderate carbonation, dense head. Smells minty. Light body, nice malty flavor, minty (!) hops.
Dempsey's Pale Ale (bottled)
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 15.5 points - Beer #35-3133, Bazil's, Appleton WI, January 4, 1999
Amber, fairly high carbonation, thick head. Fresh green hop aroma. Medium-light body, herbal-floral perfumey hop flavor, pretty bitter.
Style 11 - Stout
- 11.5 points - Beer #33-2766, Berghoff Restaurant, Chicago IL, May 9, 1998
Extremely dark red, thick head. Fairly burnt aroma. Medium body, fizzy, burnt, acidic.
Go to the Wisconsin Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.