Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Last updated: August 11, 1997
79 North Eleventh Street
Brooklyn NY 11211
Phone: +1 718-486-7422
Fax: +1 718-486-7440
Brewer: Garrett Oliver.
20,000 bbl annual capacity.
Bottled beers are produced by F.X.Matt Brewing in Utica NY.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
15.5 points overall
Black Chocolate Stout (bottled)
Style 11 - Stout
- 15.5 points - Beer #26-2118, Bernard's Deli, Honolulu HI, August 9, 1997
As black as it gets. Good brown head. Licorice aroma. Thick, sweet, very bitter, lots of licorice flavor. Roasty at the end, but sweet all the way through. Doesn't have the alcohol character of an Imperial Stout. "Winter 96-97" special beer.
Brown Ale (bottled)
Style 4 - Mild / Brown Ale
- 16 points - Beer #26-2117, Bernard's Deli, Honolulu HI, August 9, 1997
Red-brown, no carbonation, low head. Sweet, brown aroma. Very sweet, very brown, great roasty flavor. Real nice balance.
East India Pale Ale (bottled)
Style 5 - English-style Pale Ale
- 16 points - Beer #26-2115, Bernard's Deli, Honolulu HI, August 9, 1997
Amber, moderate carbonation, low head. Big fruity aroma. Very bitter, huge hop flavor. Pretty big body.
- 15.5 points - Beer #21-1823, Great American Beer Festival XV, Denver CO, September 28, 1996
Golden, good head. Fruity-sweet aroma. Big fruity hop flavor.
Style 14 - German Light Lager
- 14.5 points - Beer #26-2116, Bernard's Deli, Honolulu HI, August 9, 1997
Golden-amber, big head, OK carbonation. Malty aroma, some fruit. Very malty, grainy flavor. Sorta sweet, brown. "The Pre-Prohibition Beer".
Go to the New York Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.