Please visit our fine sponsor...
Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Gottberg Brew Pub
Last updated: July 26, 1998
2804 Thirteenth Street
Columbus NE 68601
Opened November 20, 1995.
Brewer: Ron Willis.
880 bbl annual capacity.
According to Pubcrawler :
You can drink their beer at several restaurants around the state including mine, Michael's Cantina, in Norfolk, Ne.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
14.5 points overall
Style 2 - Belgian / French Ale
- 14.5 points - Beer #22-1840, at the brewery, September 30, 1996
Orangey-brown, good head. Spicy-citrusy aroma. Good body, sweet, tart, lemony. Tastes like a "Dubbel Wit". Much different in a pint glass as compared to the "sampler" size.
Style 12 - Bock
- 14.5 points - Beer #33-2812, at the brewery, May 27, 1998
Deep red, moderate carbonation and head. Perfumey, malty aroma. Medium body, dark, sweet.
English Brown Ale
Style 4 - Mild / Brown Ale
- 13 points - Beer #22-1842, at the brewery, September 30, 1996
Red-brown, moderate carbonation, good head. Fruity nose, with some brown malt. Thin, sweet. Hint of hops in finish, but not much character.
Style 9 - Porter
- 12.5 points - Beer #22-1844, at the brewery, September 30, 1996
Dark red, good head. Pretty clean aroma. OK chocolatey flavors, OK black malt. Sour note.
Old Powerhouse Lager
Style 14 - German Light Lager
- 16 points - Beer #22-1841, at the brewery, September 30, 1996
Golden, good carbonation and head. Floral hop aroma and flavor, good body and bitterness.
Pioneer Pale Ale
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 17 points - Beer #22-1843, at the brewery, September 30, 1996
Amber, moderate carbonation, good head. Caramel aroma. Great body and balance. Tastes a lot like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Hop finish is just a little vegetal.
Rumble Seat Stout
Style 11 - Stout
- 14.5 points - Beer #33-2811, at the brewery, May 27, 1998
Dark red, OK head. Lots of chocolate aroma. Fairly light body, lots of chocolate flavor. Faint roasty hoppiness at the end.
Tin Lizzie Wheat
Style 19 - German-style Wheat Beer
- 14 points - Beer #22-1845, at the brewery, September 30, 1996
Yellow, filtered, chill haze. Good head. Very faint hint of banana aroma. Big wheat flavor. A bit sour, a bit bitter.
Go to the Nebraska Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.