Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
O'Grady's Brewery and Pub #1
Last updated: September 20, 1998
372 East Golf Road
Arlington Heights IL 60005
Phone: +1 847-640-0600
Fax: +1 847-640-0735
Opened May 13, 1996.
Brewer: Bob Ward.
1,500 bbl annual capacity.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
15.0 points overall
Blacksmith Bitter Ale
Style 7 - English Bitter
- 15.5 points - Beer #32-2611, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Brown amber, thick head. Spicy, sweetish aroma. Medium body, nicely bitter, pretty clean.
Style 6 - American-style Pale Ale
- 16 points - Beer #32-2610, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Red, thick head. Citrus aroma, a little metallic. Medium body, hoppy, mildly bitter, nice malty balance.
Style 15 - Classic Pilsener
- 14 points - Beer #32-2609, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Dark golden, low carbonation, massive head. Faintly spicy aroma. Thick, very sweet. Very sweet.
Style 4 - Mild / Brown Ale
- 16 points - Beer #32-2608, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Golden amber, low carbonation, thick head. Some caramel aroma. Medium body, reasonably bitter, reasonably sweet.
Old St. Pat's Ale
Style 5 - English-style Pale Ale
- 13.5 points - Beer #32-2612, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Red, thick head. Some herbal hops, some soap odor. Thick, candy sweet, fair bit of hop flavor.
Prohibition Smokehouse Porter
Style 9 - Porter
- 15.5 points - Beer #32-2613, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Very dark red, thick head. Hint of smoke, roasty aroma. Medium body, fairly smoky, fairly sweet. Finishes clean.
St. Brigid's Strong Ale
Style 10 - English / Scottish Strong Ale
- 14.5 points - Beer #32-2615, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Amber, flat, thick head. Perfumey. Pretty thick, very perfumey, very sweet. Warming late. Way too perfumey.
Style 11 - Stout
- 15 points - Beer #32-2614, at the brewery, April 1, 1998
Black, thick head. Slightly roasty aroma. Pretty light, a little sweet, just a little roasty, very clean.
Go to the Illinois Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.