Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Last updated: November 25, 2000
Burton-upon-Trent DE14 1JZ
One of Britain's "Big Six" brewing companies, Allied owns:
and has interests in Indonesia as well.
- Arrols (Alloa),
- Drie Hofijzers (Breda NL),
- Holt, Plant and Deakin (Oldbury),
- Ind Coope (Burton and Romford),
- Koenigshoeven (Brabant NL),
- Oranjeboom (Rotterdam NL),
- Plympton (Plymouth),
- Tetley Walker (Warrington),
- Tetley (Leeds), and
- Wrexham Lager (Wrexham),
(Information from Michael Jackson's The New World Guide to Beer, maps on pages 138 and 146-147.)
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
13.0 points overall
Double Diamond Burton Ale
Style 5 - English-style Pale Ale
- 12.5 points - Beer #12-911, The HopYard, Pleasanton CA, May 1, 1995
Amber, moderate carbonation and head. Malty nose, but Redhook-ish. Somewhat cloying, some bitterness, nothing in the middle. No balance at all.
- 13 points - Beer #2-127, Lyon's Brewery, Dublin CA, July 5, 1993
Amber...a bit pale. Not much aroma. Good crystal flavor, but a little oversweet. More like a Brown Ale.
Go to the Stafford Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.