Beer Is My Life!
This is not the official homepage of
Cervecería La Constancia
Last updated: September 18, 2000
Phone: +503 305-281-6627
Fax: +503 306-221-3225
1,022,640 bbl annual capacity.
Imported by G.K.Skaggs of Irvine CA and Ace of Hearts Imports of Hyattsville MD.
Thanks to for sending the brewery-fresh bottles! Here are his comments:
- Pilsener of El Salvador is our best selling in Central America. The basic formulation has been around since the inception of the company in 1906.
- Suprema is our product to penetrate the general market. We are positioning this product as an exotic lager.
- Regia is our traditional beer to be shared with friends. The quart size is consumed in Central America in restaurants and bars, but we drink it amongst friends, not like what we have noted in the US, where larger sizes are consumed by and individual. Drink Regia using 8 oz glasses, with friends, You will love it.
- Premier is a new product, launched last year in El Salvador. Has a very distinctive flavour. Try it and tell us what you think.
My Opinion Of The Beers That I've Tried:
14.0 points overall
Pilsner of El Salvador (bottled)
Style 15 - Classic Pilsener
- 13.5 points - Beer #36-3419, Green Bay WI, at home, April 21, 2000
Pale, very high carbonation, moderate head. Subdued malt aroma, faintly peppery. Light body, sweet, hint of malt flavor. Sweet finish.
- 15.5 points - Beer #18-1450, Kamuela Liquor Store, Kamuela HI, May 8, 1996
Pale, high carbonation, good head. Sweet aroma. Light body, pretty well-hopped. Malty finish.
Style 16 - American Lager
- 15 points - Beer #36-3418, Green Bay WI, at home, April 21, 2000
Bright golden, high carbonation, thick head. Sweet malty aroma. Medium-light body, big sweet malty flavor, no hop character. Finishes sweet.
Regia Extra (bottled)
Style 16 - American Lager
- 13.5 points - Beer #36-3454, Green Bay WI, at home, May 25, 2000
Bright golden, moderate carbonation, low head. Faintly malty aroma. Light body, very clean, quick burst of minty hop flavor in the middle. Packaged in a 32-ounce bottle.
Style 14 - German Light Lager
- 14.5 points - Beer #36-3453, Green Bay WI, at home, May 25, 2000
Deep golden, moderate carbonation and head. Malty aroma, hint of herbal hops. Light body, sweet malt, faint hop flavor. Clean sweet finish.
- 12.5 points - Beer #26-2111, Ryan's, Honolulu HI, August 9, 1997
Golden, fairly pale, high carbonation and head. Sweet aroma, a little fruity. Very sweet and sticky. Lots of malt flavor, but nothing to balance it.
Go to the Salvadoran Brewery List
This material © 1992-2000 by , who is solely responsible for the content. All logos, graphics, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Site hosted courtesy of The Real Beer Page. Read the disclaimer.